A church at Stanton St Bernard was first mentioned in 1267 although
there is a circular Norman font in the nave.
The pinnacled tower dates from the 15th century.
In 1831 the newly appointed vicar had the whole church, with the
exception of the tower, demolished due to it being in a dilapidated
condition. Further restoration and rebuilding work took place in
1859 as a result of the poor construction of the replacement.
More recent additions during the late Victorian period include
the chancel railings and the apocalyptical chancel arch painting.
Church Warden contact details can be found on page 4 in the latest edition of The Messenger